Grammy Awards Home
Awards by Year :1959 | 1960 | 1961 | 1962 | 1963 | 1964 | 1965 | 1966 | 1967 | 1968 | 1969 | 1970 | 1971 | 1972 | 1973 | 1974 | 1975 | 1976 | 1977 | 1978 | 1979 | 1980 | 1981 | 1982 | 1983 | 1984 | 1985 | 1986 | 1987 | 1988 | 1989 | 1990 | 1991 | 1992 | 1993 | 1994 | 1995 | 1996 | 1997 | 1998 | 1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009
* Album of the Year
o Ken Caillat, Richard Dashut (producers) & Fleetwood Mac (producers and artist) for Rumours
* Song of the Year
o Barbra Streisand & Paul Williams (songwriters) for "Love Theme From A Star Is Born (Evergreen)" performed by Barbra Streisand
o Joe Brooks (songwriter) for "You Light Up My Life" performed by Debby Boone
* Best New Artist
o Debby Boone
* Best Recording for Children
o Christopher Cerf & Jim Timmens (producers) for Aren't You Glad You're You performed by various artists
* Best Classical Orchestral Performance
o Gunther Breest (producer), Carlo Maria Giulini (conductor) & the Chicago Symphony Orchestra for Mahler: Symphony No. 9 in D
* Best Classical Vocal Soloist Performance
o Neville Marriner (conductor), Janet Baker & the Academy of St. Martin in the Fields for Bach: Arias
* Best Opera Recording
o Thomas Z. Shepard (producer), John De Main (conductor), Donnie Albert, Carol Brice, Clamma Dale & the Houston Grand Opera Orchestra for Gershwin: Porgy and Bess
* Best Choral Performance (other than opera)
o Georg Solti (conductor), Margaret Hillis (choir director) & the Chicago Symphony Orchestra & Chorus for Verdi: Requiem
* Best Classical Performance Instrumental Soloist or Soloists (with orchestra)
o Itzhak Perlman & the London Philharmonic Orchestra for Vivaldi: The Four Seasons
* Best Classical Performance Instrumental Soloist or Soloists (without orchestra)
o Arthur Rubinstein for Beethoven: Piano Sonata No. 18 in E Flat/Schumann: Fantasiestucke, Op. 12
* Best Chamber Music Performance
o The Juilliard String Quartet for Schoenberg: Quartets for Strings (Complete)
* Best Classical Album
o Thomas Frost (producer), Leonard Bernstein (conductor), Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau, Vladimir Horowitz, Yehudi Menuhin, Mstislav Rostropovich, Isaac Stern, Lyndon Woodside & the New York Philharmonic for Concert of the Century
* Best Comedy Recording
o Steve Martin for Let's Get Small
* Best Instrumental Composition
o John Williams (composer) for "Main Title From Star Wars"
* Best Original Score Written for a Motion Picture or a Television Special
o John Williams (composer) for Star Wars
* Best Instrumental Arrangement
o Harry Betts, Perry Botkin Jr. & Barry De Vorzon (arrangers) for "Nadia's Theme (The Young and the Restless)" performed by Barry De Vorzon
* Best Arrangement Accompanying Vocalist(s)
o Ian Freebairn-Smith (arranger) for "Love Theme From A Star Is Born (Evergreen)" performed by Barbra Streisand
* Best Arrangement For Voices
o The Eagles (arrangers) for "New Kid in Town"
* Best Country Vocal Performance, Female
o Crystal Gayle for "Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue"
* Best Country Vocal Performance, Male
o Kenny Rogers for "Lucille"
* Best Country Vocal Performance by a Duo or Group
o The Kendalls for "Heaven's Just a Sin Away"
* Best Country Instrumental Performance
o Hargus Pig Robbins for Country Instrumentalist of the Year
* Best Country Song
o Richard Leigh (songwriter) for "Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue" performed by Crystal Gayle
* Best Ethnic or Traditional Recording
o Muddy Waters for Hard Again
* Best Gospel Performance, Traditional
o The Oak Ridge Boys for "Just a Little Talk With Jesus"
* Best Gospel Performance, Contemporary or Insprirational
o The Imperials for Sail On
* Best Soul Gospel Performance, Traditional
o James Cleveland for James Cleveland Live at Carnegie Hall
* Best Soul Gospel Performance, Contemporary
o Edwin Hawkins for Wonderful!
* Best Inspirational Performance
o B. J. Thomas for Home Where I Belong
* Best Jazz Performance by a Soloist
o Oscar Peterson for The Giants
* Best Jazz Performance by a Group
o Phil Woods for The Phil Woods Six - Live From the Showboat
* Best Jazz Performance by a Big Band
o Count Basie for Prime Time
* Best Jazz Vocal Performance
o Al Jarreau for Look to the Rainbow
* Best Latin Recording
o Mongo Santamaria for Dawn
* Best Cast Show Album
o Martin Charnin (composer), Charles Strouse (composer & producer), Larry Morton (producer) & the original cast with Andrea McCardle & Dorothy Loudon for Annie
* Best Album Package
o John Kosh (art director) for Simple Dreams performed by Linda Ronstadt
* Best Album Notes
o George T. Simon (notes writer) for Bing Crosby - A Legendary Performer performed by Bing Crosby
* Best Pop Vocal Performance, Female
o Barbra Streisand for "Love Theme From A Star Is Born"
* Best Pop Vocal Performance, Male
o James Taylor for "Handy Man"
* Best Pop Performance by a Group
o Bee Gees for "How Deep Is Your Love"
* Best Pop Instrumental Performance
o John Williams for Star Wars
* Best Engineered Recording, Non-Classical
o Al Schmitt, Bill Schnee, Elliot Scheiner & Roger Nichols (engineers) for Aja performed by Steely Dan
* Best Engineered Recording, Classical
o Kenneth Wilkinson (engineer), Georg Solti (conductor) & the Chicago Symphony Orchestra for Maurice RavelRavel: Bolero
* Producer of the Year
o Peter Asher
* Best R&B Vocal Performance, Female
o Thelma Houston for "Don't Leave Me This Way"
* Best R&B Vocal Performance, Male
o Lou Rawls for Unmistakably Lou
* Best R&B Vocal Performance by a Duo, Group or Chorus
o The Emotions for "Best of My Love"
* Best R&B Instrumental Performance
o Brothers Johnson for "Q"
* Best Rhythm & Blues Song
o Leo Sayer & Vini Poncia (songwriters) for "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing" performed by Leo Sayer
* Best Spoken Word Recording
o Julie Harris for The Belle of Amherst