Grammy Awards Home
Awards by Year :1959 | 1960 | 1961 | 1962 | 1963 | 1964 | 1965 | 1966 | 1967 | 1968 | 1969 | 1970 | 1971 | 1972 | 1973 | 1974 | 1975 | 1976 | 1977 | 1978 | 1979 | 1980 | 1981 | 1982 | 1983 | 1984 | 1985 | 1986 | 1987 | 1988 | 1989 | 1990 | 1991 | 1992 | 1993 | 1994 | 1995 | 1996 | 1997 | 1998 | 1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009
* Album of the Year
o Matt Howe, Storm Jefferson, Ken Johnston, Tony Prendatt, Warren Riker, Johnny Wydrycz (engineers/mixers) & Lauryn Hill (producer & artist) for The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
* Song of the Year
o James Horner & Will Jennings (songwriters) for "My Heart Will Go On" performed by Céline Dion
* Best New Artist
o Lauryn Hill
* Best Alternative Music Performance
o Beastie Boys for Hello Nasty
* Best Traditional Blues Album
o Otis Rush for Any Place I'm Going
* Best Contemporary Blues Album
o Keb' Mo' for Slow Down
* Best Musical Album for Children
o John Boylan (producer) for Elmopalooza! performed by the Sesame Street cast with various artists
* Best Spoken Word Album for Children
o Dan Musselman & Stefan Rudnicki (producers) for The Children's Shakespeare performed by various artists
* Best Orchestral Performance
o Pierre Boulez (conductor) & the Chicago Symphony Orchestra for Mahler: Symphony No. 9
* Best Classical Vocal Performance
o Jeffrey Tate (conductor), Renee Fleming & the English Chamber Orchestra for The Beautiful Voice (Works of Charpentier, Gounod etc.)
* Best Opera Recording
o Pierre Boulez (conductor), Jessye Norman, László Polgár & the Chicago Symphony Orchestra for Bartók: Bluebeard's Castle
* Best Choral Performance
o Robert Shaw (conductor) & the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra & Chorus for Barber: Prayers of Kierkegaard/Vaughan Williams: Dona Nobis Pacem/Bartók: Cantata Profana
* Best Instrumental Soloist(s) Performance (with orchestra)
o Krzysztof Penderecki (conductor), Anne-Sophie Mutter & the London Symphony Orchestra for Penderecki: Violin Concerto No. 2, Metamorphosen
* Best Instrumental Soloist Performance (without orchestra)
o Murray Perahia for Bach: English Suites Nos. 1, 3 And 6
* Best Small Ensemble Performance (with or without conductor)
o Steve Reich (conductor) for Reich: Music for 18 Musicians performed by Steve Reich and Musicians
* Best Chamber Music Performance
o Andre Previn & Gil Shaham for American Scenes (Works of Copland, Previn, Barber, Gershwin)
* Best Classical Contemporary Composition
o Krzysztof Penderecki (composer & conductor), Anne-Sophie Mutter & the London Symphony Orchestra for Penderecki: Violin Concerto No. 2, Metamorphosen
* Best Classical Album
o James Mallinson (producer), Robert Shaw (conductor) & the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra & Chorus for Barber: Prayers of Kierkegaard/Vaughan Williams: Dona Nobis Pacem/Bartók: Cantata Profana
* Best Classical Crossover Album
o Jorge Calandrelli (conductor) & Yo-Yo Ma for Soul of the Tango - The Music of Astor Piazzolla
* Best Instrumental Composition
o Future Man & Victor Lemonte Wooten (composers) for "Almost 12" performed by Bela Fleck & the Flecktones
* Best Song Written for a Motion Picture or for Television
o James Horner & Will Jennings (songwriters) for "My Heart Will Go On" (from Titanic) performed by Céline Dion
* Best Instrumental Composition Written for a Motion Picture or for Television
o John Williams (composer) for Saving Private Ryan
* Best Instrumental Arrangement
o Don Sebesky (arranger) for "Waltz for Debby"
* Best Instrumental Arrangement Accompanying Vocal(s)
o Herbie Hancock, Robert Sadin & Stevie Wonder (arrangers) for "St. Louis Blues" performed by Herbie Hancock
* Best Female Country Vocal Performance
o Shania Twain for "You're Still the One"
* Best Male Country Vocal Performance
o Vince Gill for "If You Ever Have Forever in Mind"
* Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal
o Dixie Chicks for "There's Your Trouble"
* Best Country Collaboration with Vocals
o Clint Black, Joe Diffie, Merle Haggard, Emmylou Harris, Alison Krauss, Patty Loveless, Earl Scruggs, Ricky Skaggs, Marty Stuart, Pam Tillis, Randy Travis, Travis Tritt & Dwight Yoakam for "Same Old Train"
* Best Country Instrumental Performance
o Vince Gill & Randy Scruggs for "A Soldier's Joy"
* Best Country Song
o Robert John "Mutt" Lange & Shania Twain (songwriters) for "You're Still the One" performed by Shania Twain
* Best Country Album
o Blake Chancey, Paul Worley (producers), John Guess (engineer/mixer) & Dixie Chicks for Wide Open Spaces
* Best Bluegrass Album
o Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder for Bluegrass Rules!
* Best Traditional Folk Album
o The Chieftains for Long Journey Home
* Best Contemporary Folk Album
o Lucinda Williams for Car Wheels on a Gravel Road
* Best Pop/Contemporary Gospel Album
o Deniece Williams for This Is My Song
* Best Rock Gospel Album
o Ashley Cleveland for You Are There
* Best Traditional Soul Gospel Album
o Cissy Houston for He Leadeth Me
* Best Contemporary Soul Gospel Album
o Kirk Franklin for The Nu Nation Project
* Best Southern, Country or Bluegrass Gospel Album
o Peter Afterman, John Huie & Ken Levitan (producers) for The Apostle - Music From and Inspired by the Motion Picture performed by various artists
* Best Gospel Choir or Chorus Album
o O'Landa Draper (choir director) for Reflections performed by O'Landa Draper & The Associates Choir
* Best Historical Album
o Colin Escott, Kira Florita, Kyle Young (producers), Joseph M. Palmaccio & Tom Ruff (engineers) for The Complete Hank Williams
* Best Jazz Instrumental Solo
o Gary Burton & Chick Corea for "Rhumbata"
* Best Jazz Instrumental Performance, Individual or Group
o Herbie Hancock for Gershwin's World
* Best Large Jazz Ensemble Performance
o Grover Mitchell (director) for Count Plays Duke performed by the Count Basie Orchestra
* Best Jazz Vocal Album
o Shirley Horn for I Remember Miles
* Best Contemporary Jazz Performance
o Pat Metheny Group for Imaginary Day
* Best Latin Jazz Performance
o Arturo Sandoval for Hot House
* Best Latin Pop Performance
o Ricky Martin for Vuelve
* Best Tropical Latin Performance
o Marc Anthony for Contra La Corriente
* Best Mexican-American Music Performance
o Los Super Seven for Los Super Seven
* Best Latin Rock/Alternative Performance
o Maná for Sueños Liquidos
* Best Tejano Music Performance
o Flaco Jimenez for Said and Done
* Best Musical Show Album
o Mark Mancina (producer) & the original Broadway cast for The Lion King
* Best Short Form Music Video
o Billy Poveda & Nicola Doring (video producers), Jonas Åkerlund (video director) & Madonna for "Ray of Light"
* Best Long Form Music Video
o Susan Lacy, Tamar Hacker (video producers), Timothy Greenfield-Sanders (video producer & director) & Lou Reed for American Masters - Lou Reed: Rock and Roll Heart
* Best New Age Album
o Clannad for Landmarks
* Best Recording Package
o Kevin Reagan (art director) for Ray of Light performed by Madonna
* Best Boxed Recording Package
o Jim Kemp & Virginia Team (art director) for The Complete Hank Williams performed by Hank Williams
* Best Album Notes
o Bob Belden, Michael Cuscuna & Todd Coolman (notes writers) for Miles Davis Quintet 1965-1968 performed by the Miles Davis Quintet
* Best Polka Album
o Jimmy Sturr for Dance With Me performed by Jimmy Sturr & His Orchestra
* Best Female Pop Vocal Performance
o Céline Dion for "My Heart Will Go On"
* Best Male Pop Vocal Performance
o Eric Clapton for "My Father's Eyes"
* Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal
o Brian Setzer for "Jump Jive an' Wail" performed by The Brian Setzer Orchestra
* Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals
o Burt Bacharach & Elvis Costello for "I Still Have That Other Girl"
* Best Pop Instrumental Performance
o Brian Setzer for "Sleepwalk" performed by The Brian Setzer Orchestra
* Best Dance Recording
o Pat McCarthy (mixer), William Orbit (producer) & Madonna (producer & artist) for "Ray of Light"
* Best Pop Album
o David Reitzas, Jon Ingoldsby, Pat McCarthy (engineers/mixers), William Orbit (producer) & Madonna (producer & artist) for Ray of Light
* Best Engineered Album, Non-Classical
o Andy Wallace, Tchad Blake & Trina Shoemaker (engineers) for The Globe Sessions performed by Sheryl Crow
* Best Engineered Album, Classical
o Jack Renner (engineer), Robert Shaw (conductor) & the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra & Chorus for Barber:Prayers of Kierkegaard/Vaughan Williams: Dona Nobis Pacem/Bartok: Cantata Profana
* Producer of the Year, Non-Classical
o Rob Cavallo
* Producer of the Year, Classical
o Steven Epstein
* Remixer of the Year, Non-Classical
o David Morales
* Best Female R&B Vocal Performance
o Lauryn Hill for "Doo Wop (That Thing)"
* Best Male R&B Vocal Performance
o Stevie Wonder for "St. Louis Blues"
* Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal
o Brandy & Monica for "The Boy is Mine"
* Best Traditional R&B Vocal Performance
o Patti LaBelle for Live! One Night Only
* Best R&B Song
o Lauryn Hill (songwriter) for "Doo Wop (That Thing)"
* Best R&B Album
o Comissioner Gordon, Tony Prendatt (engineers/mixers) & Lauryn Hill (producer & artist) for The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
* Best Rap Solo Performance
o Will Smith for "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It"
* Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group
o Beastie Boys for "Intergalactic"
* Best Rap Album
o Joe Quinde (engineer/mixer) & Jay-Z for Vol. 2...Hard Knock Life
* Best Reggae Album
o Sly & Robbie for Friends
* Best Female Rock Vocal Performance
o Alanis Morissette for "Uninvited"
* Best Male Rock Vocal Performance
o Lenny Kravitz for "Fly Away"
* Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal
o Aerosmith for "Pink"
* Best Rock Instrumental Performance
o Pat Metheny Group for "The Roots of Coincidence"
* Best Hard Rock Performance
o Jimmy Page & Robert Plant for "Most High"
* Best Metal Performance
o Metallica for "Better Than You"
* Best Rock Song
o Alanis Morissette (songwriter) for "Uninvited"
* Best Rock Album
o Tchad Blake, Trina Shoemaker (engineers/mixers) & Sheryl Crow (producer & artist) for The Globe Sessions
* Best Spoken Word Album
o Christopher Reeve for Still Me
* Best Spoken Comedy Album
o Mel Brooks & Carl Reiner for The 2000 Year Old Man in the Year 2000
* Best Traditional Pop Vocal Performance
o Patti Page for Live at Carnegie Hall - The 50th Anniversary Concert
* Best World Music Album
o Gilberto Gil for Quanta Live